Monday, May 4, 2015

Project Happy - Dev Diary 4


Today is my 30th birthday!

And it is going well with the project.
I managed to get quite a few things done this week.
I created a tree and a fern for the game, which has really improved the visuals.
I got some animation working on the stegosaurus.
And I figured out using Unity's navigation system for character control and AI.

The AI is still very simple. At the moment the stegosaurus is just selecting a location and moving towards it and when it get there, choosing a new location. This will of course be improved with other actions the dinosaurs can take and reacting to the player. But I am getting all the nice path finding etc.

Here is a video showing off the stegosaurus sped up and highlighted to show their behavior.


And here you can see it being played. I've sped up the player a bit to be able to cover more gound, but you get the idea.


So another productive week. So for next week I really want to work on the gameplay and logic so:


  • Get game playable again. You loose health and have to eat dinosaurs to survive etc.
  • Make herbivores act better. Run away from player etc.
  • Plan out and implement some simple menus.
See you all in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment