But everything is going well. I have been a bit sick this last week, but I managed to put in some good work anyway I think.
Firstly I modeled the real tyrannosaurus model.
Low resolution in game:
I then spent a disturbing amount of time figuring out how to properly rig a character. I've never done this properly and it took a very long time. After this I made the following test:
After that I ran around in circles for a while trying to figure out how to best import animations and how to set up root motion.
Finally I sort of figured it out and made a walk animation and an idle animation and got them working with root motion in the game and here is the result:
Additionally after thinking more about the game. I've decided to drop the idea of growing bigger as you eat. You will simple have to eat as much as possible so you don't die and then you earn points of some kind that you can unlock bigger dinosaurs with. This will mean I will have to make more different dinosaurs though.
So everything is going pretty well. This next week I want to really start working on getting the game playable and fun. So I'm going to concentrate on getting enough animation for the T-rex and one herbivore and then work on the player controller and the AI for the herbivores.
- Make run animation for T-rex.
- Rig and skin stegosaurus.
- Make, idle, walk and run animation for the stegosaurus.
- Make a herbivore controller so stegosaurus can run around the landscape.
- Make T-rex able to eat them etc.
See you in another week :)