Sunday, January 8, 2017

Jousting in Virtual Reality - Week 1

What a week. I've been putting in as much time as I could on the Jousting game this week and I almost got to the point I wanted.

I managed to get to a point where you can joust against an opponent and knock them off their horse and they can do the same to you. You also both have shields.

There is a point system, you get one point for breaking a lance on the shield and two points for knocking the opponent off. And the first to get 5 points wins, if both get 5 points in the same round, it goes into sudden death.

I also rewrote all the code I had written in the first prototype in a way better way after thinking about the logic of the game. This is actually the first time I really feel I've started writing code in a way that works well with Unity's component based approach.

The big things that I did not manage to make work was:

  • That the enemy doesn't change it's attack at all, I don't think this will be too bad, I just didn't get around to it. 
  • That there is no playback of the collision afterwards. This will be really difficult, I want this to be in the game, but I'll need more time.
Here is a video of the game at the moment:



Next week will be design. Maybe I'll work a bit on the prototype/alpha as well, but mainly I'll be doing all the concept and design drawings in 2D.

No comments:

Post a Comment