Saturday, July 13, 2019

A week of winding down

So it's been a week since my last day at Apple and I have been enjoying having some time to just relax and do a few practical things.

This week I've mostly been fixing up our house and getting my office set up to have a nice working space, but I did manage a few productive things during this week as well.

Firstly since I had some more time I got a lot of reading done and read The Forever War by Joe Halderman and whoa what a read that was. I have heard about this book many times before and been meaning to read it, but I was still impressed with it, it's incredible that this has never been turned into a Hollywood blockbuster. I'm not going to go into plot details as I don't want to spoil anything, but suffice it to say that absolutely everyone should read this book, even if you think science fiction is normally dumb or silly, just put that thought out of your mind and read this masterpiece.

Secondly I found some time to play around with Blender. Blender 2.80 is almost out and I've been getting back into it with the beta. I stumbled on some videos showing off Blender's motion tracker and compositor, I had never really realised how full featured these were. So I gave it a go myself with a little video I shot in my backyard and the result was really fun.


Thirdly I also did a bit of drawing one day, something I imaged could fit into the 2D RPG I've been thinking about making.


 So I've been feeling really relaxed and good in general and happy that I've also worked on a few creative projects, even if I haven't jumped fully into my game project yet.

All of next week, my girlfriend will be off work, so that will be our summer vacation, so I don't expect a lot to happen next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment